Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I have an Addiction...

...it's literature.
I need books, I crave books - I relax in the presence of books, with that musty old book smell hanging in the air...

So, Russian Princess and I went out to a bookstore we found in Windsor (I know, right? Who knew?)! It is called Juniper Books - and it is a HOUSE. An entire three floor bungalow filled to the nooks and crannies with books!
Here is the website: http://www.juniperbooks.ca/index.html
If you are in the Windsor - Essex Area, I demand you stop by! You won't be disappointed.
So I set a $50 limit going in - went over by 33 cents! Go me!
This is what I bought:


8 books!
Not bad, right?
Anyways, a little about why I bought the:
In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant
I read The Birth of Venus and was instantly enamoured with her writing style, her story telling - everything. And so I must read this one too. And everything else this woman has touched!
Just the Way You Are by Christina Dodd
As with Ms. Dunant - Love the Dodd books! Just, love! So I must pick them up when I see them.
The Alienist by Caleb Carr
I read this years ago - and loved it! And never bought it (though I did buy the second one, Angel of Darkness) - I highly recommend this!
Nocturnals by John Connolly
I read The Gates and so this has been on my list since October! So excited!
Brick Lane by Monica Ali
I read this one years ago, as well - and watched the movie. Own it, actually. Amazing! :)
The Warrior Queens by Antonia Fraser
Love this woman! I really do. My love affair with her started in the summer of 20o2 when I needed a book to read on the ten hour trip the beach mentioned in the previous post - I picked up The Wives of Henry VIII and fell in instant love.
A Certain Chemistry by Mill Millington
I have never read any of his books, but - his website is bloody brilliant (link: http://www.mil-millington.com/ )

Anyways - just had to share! :D
Now I am off to making fun of best friend McP while she sings at me "Oooh Watcha Say blahblahblah" and we look for online resources for her grade 8s!
:P

Cheerio! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment